Saturday, January 09, 2010

Saturday January 9 Snee, snee, snee

It has snowed all night and and there's a thick white carpet right up to the front door. A snowman is planned. I'm not sure how prominent my involvement in that will be: I may just dash out for the photo opportunity when the hard work is done...



...Many hours later... Nothing as easy as a snowman - I did not get off that lightly. Oh no, I worked for my raclette today. Mere's friends took us tobogganing. It was freezing, not "I'm about to die" cold like the time in Offenberg but cold enough to make my toes curl under into a ball which is a sure sign the brain has sent out a message, "OK, disaster is looming: send the blood supply to the vital organs only, heart and lungs, cognitive processes, kidney functions (oh boy, how they function!) forget the extremities, the old girl can survive without feet and hands."





It was only one degree warmer than the North Pole and almost as cold as my office at work but it was worth it for the fabulous meal. Such hospitality! In order to stave of imminent death Caro provided hot chocolate liberally laced with rum. It worked and I am here to tell the tale.

1 comment:

cat said...

i miss tobogganing... no snow in 10 years... meal looks nice by the way