Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Florence day 4 - January 4

The MMMs left early for the airport and Jim and I set off for another day of seeing marvels. After a while you find yourself merely glancing at yet another Donnatello as you stroll past. I try to retain as much as I can, knowing my sister (known in the family as Auntie Buggers)will examine we intensively on my reaction to Florence.

Lighting the candle in Cologne had bought such spectacular success in conjuring up an English speaking playmate for Mads, we decided to give it another go in the duomo. We both lit one and put them side by side on the candle rack. Good things will surely follow.



We spent a long time in the duomo museum where most of its treasures are now housed. Magnificent.





It rained most of the day and the sellers of knock-off designer handbags instantly transformed themselves into 'ombrello' merchants.

No comments: