Saturday, June 29, 2013

The last goodbye

Yesterday, twelve months after the announcement, Lilydale Campus closed. I went out to the last party, determined to finally draw a line and move on.

The first thing I saw when I turned into the drive was three Ridgeway vans, emblazoned with the words, 'Business Removals'. That was the first emotional moment and there were many more over the next four hours which was every bit the struggle I had feared it would be. Empty offices everywhere, the library doors closed forever, Susan's 60th birthday hijacked by the generally sad vibe.

My desk
My shelves


Emma

Colleen



Peter & Nelson

Craig, Michelle & Steve

Julie W & Andrew

My beloved building
 Goodbye Lilydale. Here's a brief retro of 16 years of happy occasions ...



 














And just to prove I'm moving on, here's a photo of 3 British Lions in town for the Rugby. Melbourne is awash with them - dressed as bobbies, union jacks, lions and in the team strip.

A pride of Lions

There were just a few Aussies supporting the Wallabys. "Who are the ones in the green and yellow?" asked Big Jimmy innocently. Durrr.

No comments: