Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Day - Dezember 25

"I can't believe my eyes!". These words were our alarm clock at 6.30 this morning. Mads had awoken and spied the pile of presents Father Christmas had left her. And very well chosen presents they were too - just perfect for Mads.
We had a lovely day: cooked and ate and drank, unwrapped and walked then ate and drank some more. It was so nice to share the day with Hil in Hobart via Skype. Aint technology grand?
Great presents all round. Most surprising for me was a necklace from Matt which I had admired in a shop window when we were on our way to a coffee shop yesterday. There were several similar but he bought THE one. I couldn't believe my eyes!
Jim was equally touched by Matt's gift to him: a trilobite from the dinosaur museum

Germany is now closed. It closed at lunch time on Christmas Eve and won't re-open until Monday. I have never seen streets so quiet - not even on Grand Final Day in Melbourne

No comments: